Types of work permits:
- Open Work Permit allows you to work for any eligible employer in Canada.
- Co-op work permit
- Post-graduation work permit
- Bridging work permit
- Spouses and common-law partners of some workers and international students are eligible for open work permits
- Dependent family members of some permanent residence applicants are eligible for open work permits
- Refugees, refugee claimants, protected persons and their family members are eligible for open work permits
- Employer-Specific Work Permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit.
- If working on a film or television production
- If you’re an academic (researcher, guest lecturer, visiting professor, post-doctoral fellow, award recipient)
- If you’re a repair or maintenance worker for industrial or commercial equipment
- If you’re a religious worker or someone doing charitable work
- If you’re a professional athlete or coach
- If you’re a dancer, actor, orchestral musician or opera singer or someone in a related job
*An applicant for a work permit must meet all the work permit eligibility requirements