Immigrating to work in Ontario
There are three streams under Ontario's Employer Job Offer category:
- Foreign Worker Stream, where applicants need a job offer in a skilled occupation with a National Occupation Classification (NOC) code type 0, A, or B.
- International Student Stream, where eligible international student graduates require a job offer in a skilled occupation.
- In-Demand Skills Stream, for international workers who have job offers in certain in-demand occupations.
However, the Employer Job Offer category is not the only option for foreigners who want to immigrate to Ontario.
The OINP Human Capital Category does not necessarily require candidates to have a job offer in the province. It includes sub-categories for both international student graduates and foreign workers.
Workers who are eligible for a federal Express Entry-managed program may be able to immigrate to Ontario through one of three streams:
- Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream, a pathway for candidates who qualify for the Canadian Experience Class, or the Federal Skilled Worker Program. They must also meet certain work experience, study, and language requirements.
- Ontario Express Entry: French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream, bilingual candidates with skilled work experience may be invited to apply for a provincial nomination under this stream.
- Ontario Express Entry: Skilled Trades Stream, for candidates in the Federal Skilled Trades Program who have ongoing or recent experience working in the province.
Ontario's International Graduate Streams include options for Masters and PhD graduates.
- Masters Graduate Stream, international students who graduated with a master's degree from an eligible Ontario institution may be able to apply for immigration to the province without a job offer. This stream is currently not accepting applications.
- PhD Graduate Stream, those who obtained their PhD from an eligible Ontario university may be eligible for a provincial nomination without a job offer. Applications are currently open for this stream.